Saturday, August 9, 2014

Guess what? I throw like a girl.

Last week, my story about the female gender stereotype in sports published on Fiterazzi.com, along with a photograph from my photo shoot last week.

While I was totally tickled that my photos were featured on the site-- call me vain-- I was more excited that my small take on females in sports went live on the interwebs. While my article was by no means perfect, I really tried to show the push and pull that many females feel-- particularly those in the sports world.

See, I find the whole feminist v. traditional gender roles argument confusing, complex, and often convoluted. While I love the idea of women empowerment and equality, I also can't deny the fact that I, personally, enjoy the value of traditional gender roles. I love to cook. I love to keep a clean house, and frankly, someday, I hope that I become a mom who can stay at home with her kids, at least part time, while my future husband works full time. However, I also want a lifelong career. Success. And happiness.

See what I mean? Its not exactly a black and white subject.

Anyway, I'm pretty proud of my article. Check it out, and peruse Fiterazzi while you're at it. I feel so proud to be among a group of fit ladies who are writing about the real deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment