Monday, August 11, 2014

Yup, I work for the USO.

Side note. Or main note.

I get a lot of questions about my 9 to 5 job, which, I'll admit, I'm slightly in love with.

Here's a few of the most common.

Where do I work?: The USO

What's that?: The USO is an organization that focuses on lifting the spirits of troops and their families.

But how do you do that?: Programs. Concerts. Airport centers. Food. All different things! It really depends on where you are and what you need. I'd say check out the website for more info, honestly.

Oh, so you mean Bob Hope's thing? That's still around?: You betcha. But not like you'd think. Its a way different organization than it was back in the 1940s.

Got it. So what do you do for them then?: Me? I'm a multimedia journalist for the USO. Meaning, I get to write, photograph and take video of the awesome work that we do around the world. Think of me as a traveling storyteller. Pretty cool, huh?

What have you been up to lately? This! I really do a whole bunch of things, but I've been writing a lot lately, especially for USO.org and the USO blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment