Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Behind the Shoot: Lifting spirits with the USO Show Troupe

The past week has been a huge blur for me. From jetting down to NYC, to playing in my GW softball alumni game this past weekend, I've been on the go for as long as I can remember.

Luckily, being busy means I have more to share with you :)

I finally got a chance to sit down and edit my still photographs from my NYC trip for the USO. I'm actually quite pleased with these, since, really, the trip was all about shooting video. These little nuggets are just bonuses, really.

To give you an idea of what this photo essay is about, here's 30-second a debrief: The USO has its own performing group called the USO Show Troupe: Think the Andrews sisters meets modern music. Basically, the Show Troupe, which is made up of professional performers, travels all around the world entertaining troops and their families. I caught up with one of the performers, Larissa Klinger, while she was at her home base in NYC, and shot a day-in-the-life style piece. Essentially, I followed her around all day with a camera and totally invaded her personal space, but I think the end product was worth it!

These are my 20 favorite shots, although, I should be even more selective if I were to publish it.


Created with flickr slideshow.


I did a project similar to this in college about a classmate of mine, and honestly, I can see a huge difference in my evolution of photography skill. Not only has my eye improved, but my concept of lighting has, I think, drastically changed as well. Thoughts?


Created with flickr slideshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment