Sunday, October 5, 2014

Finding my way to Sesame Street... via Fort Benning, Georgia


Last week, I went to a place where the sun always shines and happiness fills the air. Nope. Not Narnia. But close. I went to Sesame Street (the Sesame Street/USO Experience for Military Families, to be exact)!

To help the USO mark 500,000 military family members entertained by the Sesame Street/USO show, I grabbed my camera gear and trekked down to Fort Benning, Georgia to capture the magical moment.


While I was there (working on 3 stories, mind you) I got to spend a significant amount of time talking to military family members in Fort Benning about life on base and how something so simple, like a Sesame Street show, can make a huge difference in their lives.

In particular, I spent quite a bit of time with Samantha Curtis (married to her active-duty husband, Zack, who is deployed overseas with the Army right now) and got an inside life at what it's like to be married to a military man. Look for a video all about her fab family and cute little kiddos to come!

I also got to speak to the USO/Sesame Street Moment Maker of the Month, Elizabeth Gasper, about how important USO programming is to the Fort Benning Community.

Pretty fun, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment