Monday, November 17, 2014

Behind the Shoot: On the Road for USO Operation: That's My Dress! In Jacksonville, Florida

Lately, I feel like I've been living the old Willie Nelson song "On the Road Again," and with good reason; In the past three weeks I've been to Texas, Arizona and Florida -- and next week I head to New York and Texas (again).

Talk about jet-setting!

As you probably already know, the main reason for my travel and adventures is because of my job as a multimedia journalist for the USO. It's a great gig and I totally love it. I mean, who wouldn't want to be a professional, traveling storyteller for a living?

Am I right or am I right?

Anyway, my latest adventure took me to Jacksonville, Florida to cover the USO Operation: That's My Dress! event, which gives military teens the chance to choose a free prom dress, designed by Sherri Hill.


The girls also get free makeup, hair products, jewelery and the chance to enjoy a fashion show.


They could also meet Miss Teen USA representatives, watch the USO Show Troupe perform and get dolled up for the day. Teenage me would have totally loved it!


While I was at the event, I met a wonderful mother-daugher duo, Vicky and Brooke Ruud, respectively, who graciously let me invade their space for the day to capture their experience.


While I won't divulge too much on their story (check back for a video about them later this week!) I will share some of the photos I took of Brooke and Vicky yesterday afternoon.



They were so sweet -- really, I had the best time following the two of them on thier fairytale afternoon. Plus, Brooke picked out a dress most teenagers would die for. How lucky is she?


Stay tuned for more on this fabulous military family and their story later this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment