Thursday, February 12, 2015

A final shoot for DC's United Women in Business

As some of you may or may not know, for the past year, I've been volunteering my time and talent serving as United Women In Business (UWIB)'s DC Vice President of Digital Media -- cool right?


It's been an awesome year of event planning, photographing, website development and networking, but, like all good things, my time with UWIB has come to an end as I shift my focus toward my new role as assistant editor at Fiterazzi Magazine and my job at the USO.


I'll admit, it was quite bittersweet attending my last UWIB event as a board member at the Advisory Board company last month -- the wonder atmosphere of female empowerment, entrepreneurship and friendship just made me want to clone myself so I could stay on the board forever!


Plus, the topic for January's event -- Women in Tech -- was so interesting! The panelest were extremely engaging and inspiring -- what great last event to photograph for such an amazing organization.


While coporate-style events are never the most interesting to shoot, in the past year, thanks to UWIB's events, I've really been able to practice my business-event photography skills and have improved quite a bit.


In fact, I've gotten quite a few gigs from my work at UWIB -- I never would have guessed that would ever happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment