Monday, February 9, 2015

My First-Ever Live Event for Fiterazzi Magazine at Wonderbread Factory, DC!

Sundays are for waking up late, snuggling in bed with coffee and, of course, Grip the Mat's Bendy Brunch!

If you don't know what Bendy Brunch is ... think yoga, unlimited mimosas by Vinolovers, KIND Snacks, Buffalo and Bergen fresh juices and a gourmet brunch by Spike Mendelsohn. Noms.

Anyway.

A few weeks ago, I had the wonderful opportunity to attend a Bendy Brunch at the Wonder Bread Factory in DC not as a photographer for Grip the Mat, but as an ambassador/booth host for Fiterazzi Magazine -- something I've never done before!

Let me explain.


See, Fiterazzi had been wanted to partner with Grip the Mat ever since we found out about the company in the fall of 2014. After a bit of brainstorming, we decided that we would sponsor our very own Fiterazzi Social Polaroid Photo Booth at a Grip the Mat Bendy Brunch.

The idea was that people would leave with a fun Polaroid photo memory of the day -- but only if they took a photo of the booth, tagged Fiterazzi and Grip the Mat and shared the photo on Instagram and/or Twitter. We wanted to help boost both Fiterazzi and Grip the Mat's social footprint in a way that was still fun and not SO labor intensive that it turned people away, and I think we totally accomplished that.


Besides playing host, handing out flyers and taking snaps of people, I also got to practice yoga at the event -- something I normally don't get to do when I'm busy taking photos. It also helped that my awesome buddy Alisha was there to help me out so I didn't go totally crazy brained during the day -- kudos girl.

A photo posted by Sandi Moynihan (@sandimoynihan) on

I think we had about 40 people come through the booth to take photos, which was totally awesome!

All in all, it was a really fun event and I can't wait for an opportunity to host a booth again for Fiterazzi. Here's to the next time!

A photo posted by Sandi Moynihan (@sandimoynihan) on

No comments:

Post a Comment