Monday, April 6, 2015

Behind the Shoot: My First Engagement Party Shoot!

A few weeks ago I had the chance to shoot my first ever engagement party, which was a total blast.


Now, I'm no novice to shooting events -- I have plenty of experience doing that for companies and nonprofits all across the DMV area -- but shooting an engagement party was certainly a first for me. Luckily, the family I was capturing the photographs for made my first engagement event a breeze!


They held their special day at Taberna del Alabardero, a Spanish restaurant in the Foggy Bottom area. I was tickeled when I saw the amazing floral arrangemnts and wall decor the restaurant had to offer -- it made for a lovely backdrop for the candida and posed shots from the day. 



Also, all of the food arrangements were picture perfect and delicious, if I do say so myself.



All in all, I think the photos from the day turned out quite nicely, although I always worry about these types of events...

I think every photographer understands that at personal events, like parties, weddings or other special occasions, there's an added pressure to capture everyone and every moment, which can be a lot to take it. It's a big deal to be solely in charge of making sure someone has tangible memories so they can remember their special day. If you mess up or drop the ball, you're disappointing A LOT of people, and that's not easy to deal with.

That being said, a sharp shooter rarely has to deal with those problems. But still, the worry is there...

No comments:

Post a Comment