Wednesday, April 8, 2015

California Dreamin' in San Francisco with Jackelyn Ho

In case you were wondering, it's totally possible to become besties with someone who lives on a different coast than you who you've never actually met in person.

Don't believe me? Enter the awesome Jackelyn Ho.


You might know Jackelyn from a Nike fitness class, or perhaps for a guest appearance in a Blogilates video, but I know her as the founder and awesome editor and chief of the 2014-2015 online publication, Fiterazzi Magazine.

Jackelyn and I first met through Fiterazzi Magazine, when I first applied to be a writer in January 2014, and everything just took off from there.

From helping brainstorming crazy story ideas, to coming up with the next best thing for Fiterazzi, I had a total blast working for Jackelyn. She totally fostered my crazy and pushed me to be the best fitness writer/photographer I could be! Eventually, when I became Fiterazzi's Assistant Editor, we got to work on more strategic plans together too which was so so cool and helped us to become pretty good friends.

It's so cool when you get to meet other people who love the things you do and have a drive to do something awesome too, right?

Even now, with Jackelyn working at Spright (the site the acquired Fiterazzi), I still get to talk to her on a regular basis, which is fab. I'm telling you, finding people who you can be friends with AND work with is so rare and awesome! I'm super lucky to have met and gotten to know Jackelyn -- she's gonna do great things!

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I got to go to the West Coast and finally visit Jackelyn and her man in San Francisco, which was awesome!


We did all the silly touristy things like Golden Gate Bridge (silly Karl the fog)....


... seeing the Full House house....



... eating...

... and selfieing...

... and eating....

... and hanging out and just having a BALL!



It was so cool to be in a new place with awesome friends just enjoying all the awesomeness that is life.

Hopefully, Jackelyn and her man will have some time to come an visit me and Mr. Man here in DC -- I think I can show them a good time, don't ya think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment