Thursday, May 7, 2015

Meet the Brains Behind BaniBands Headbands in My Latest Spright Article!

Oh spring! Full of flowers, sun and ... pollen. Yuck.

This is the first year I've come down with a serious case of the pollen-induced sniffles, and it is NOT fun. Netti pot, here I come!

Anyway, I realized yesterday that I never shared one of my recent Spright articles with you guys. I had been working on this story, featuring the founder of Bani Bands Headbands, since the days of Fiterazzi, but it got put on the backburner with the merger and general life business.

I was a little worried it would never run, but thankfully, the awesome staff at Spright thought it was worth a little attention!

I won't give away too much here, but here's a sneak peak of the story to get you started:

Like many innovators before her, Renee Hanson became a fitness fashion entrepreneur in order to solve a problem.

After years of searching for athletic apparel that to fit her 5’11” frame properly, the veteran and former volleyball player grew tired of the lack of technical garments available for taller women and decided to address the issue herself. In 2008, after beefing up her sewing skills and business plan, Renee created Vertical Athletics, a special athletic apparel line designed exclusively with the taller female athlete in mind.

However, shortly after launching Vertical Athletics, Renee stumbled upon a second athletic apparel problem that would inspire her to create her even more popular headband company, Bani Bands.
...read more here!

No comments:

Post a Comment