Friday, December 11, 2015

Spright Interview of Olympic Proportions: Talking with Gold Medalists Meryl Davis & Charlie White

Guys. I had a really fantastic opportunity a few weeks ago that I'm so jazzed to share a little bit with you about today.

See, it all started with a big interview series I was organizing for Spright back in the summer.

I got to talk to a lot of awesome people for this series, but one of the highlights of the series was scoring a conversation with Meryl Davis and Charlie White. A quick 4-1-1 for those who have no idea who they are, Davis and White are champion ice dancers that brought home the U.S.'s first-ever gold medal in the sport during the last Olympics.


Basically, they're kind of a big deal.

Anyway, I reached out to their publicist over the summer with the hopes of chatting to them about their eating, fitness and post-Olympic life routines and was pleased to hear back rather quickly. Within a few days, we set up two interviews and before I knew it I was chatting with Davis and White about their favorite workouts and YOLO meals. They were SUPER nice to talk to and very down to earth.

So cool, right?

It's always so fun to have great interview experiences like this to remind me that even world-class Olympic athletes are normal people, just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment