Thursday, July 7, 2016

Health and Wellness Shoot with MOARFIT (aka Homemade Health DC!)

When I first got into the freelance world of health and wellness multimedia back as a college student in 2012, I never could have imagined I'd meet all of the wonderful people I've had the pleasure of working with over the past few years.


Chatting with semi-famous yogis? Check. Interviewing intense Olympic athletes? Check check. Taking photos featured in national publications? Big huge check!

 
Yet despite all these big career milestones, the thing I'm the most proud of doing isn't something you'd come across on a big, national fitness website. See, my bread-and-butter freelance job is something more humble and something I'm really, really proud to spend my weekends and evenings doing:  working with local health and wellness professionals/brands/businesses in the Washington, DC-metro area to help them visually brand (or-rebrand) themselves without making them go broke.



My latest client? The fabulous Amy Rizzotto of MOARFIT (soon to be re-named Homemade Health DC!).


I first met Amy at a Detox2Retox yoga event she was teaching at Mr. Man's and my favorite spot for a pint, Hellbender Brewery. Not only was Amy's yoga class, fun, challenging and accessible (a must to be deemed a "good" class in my book), but even non-yogi Mr. Man seemed to enjoy himself, which, made me take notice of Amy and her business, MOARFIT.


So, after a few months of taking the occasional Detox2Retox class, and watching Mr. Man actually enjoy other yoga classes at Amy's studio, Yoga Heights, I was flattered when she approached me about taking photos and recording a promotional video for her health and wellness business rebrand.


Not only did we have a blast on the shoot (even though it was really hot outside), but I think the photos (video to come!) turned out wonderfully. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I love this shoot, such beautiful photos! You have such a fabulous blog, babe :)

    xo Anna Elizabeth
    www.annaelizabethevents.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The products would all make you look and/or feel younger and were Check This Out
    What these ads did not say was how they worked, what ingredients they were made with, and why they would work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sky rocketing health care costs and the decreasing health condition of the employees has forced corporate to opt for wellness programs for their employees. Flour face mask recipes

    ReplyDelete