Monday, September 26, 2016

Grip the Mat: Soul & Spirits (& Glowing Yoga Fun!) at Capitale

I know I've been teasing about the end of summer for the past few weeks, but today, I can officially say, both by the calendar date and the cool, dreary weather outside, fall is officially here.

So, as a final ode to the dog days of summer -- warm winds, piƱa coladas and all -- I thought I would share snaps from a mid-summer Grip the Mat Soul & Spirits event that took place at the end of August.

It feels like this event took place forever ago although its only been about a few weeks -- its funny how the seasons changing can make time pass so quickly isn't it?


For those that don't know, I shoot a ton of events (seriously a TON!) for Grip the Mat, a local DC start up that hosts pop up yoga social events that usually mix an all-levels vinyasa flow with wine, cocktails or beer.

They're a blast to shoot! I get to meet so many interesting yogis, get cool neon/technicolor snaps for my portfolio and generally have a great time.

I'll admit shooting at Capitale for this particular Soul & Spirits event was a bit challenging with the lack of light, but I think I made it work!










4 comments:

  1. Hi Sandi!

    This looks like a really fun way to practice yoga! I would much prefer this type of event on a Saturday night versus going out to a club. I can image you would feel so energized and relaxed, ready to take on your goals ;)

    xo Gennifer
    www.GenniferRose.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This def seems like a fun way to do yoga than the norm. I love how well you captured the atmosphere in the photos.

    Felicia | www.prettychicpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi this looks so fun and amazing! You're always going to all of the best events. I love yoga, but I love yoga even more when mixed with cocktails!! xo Tiffany www.parsnipsandpastries.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these shots, they are so cool! I think that you definitely made the lighting work :)

    xo Anna Elizabeth
    www.annaelizabethevents.com

    ReplyDelete