Thursday, October 6, 2016

Zumba + Yoga Shoot for Melanie Smith in a Costa Rican Oasis

Even though it's been months since I traveled to Costa Rica (El Sabanero Eco Lodge via Move Well DC via Trip Tribe!) for vacation, and I'm finding myself flipping through all the photos of our wonderful trip more and more these days.

Maybe its because I miss being in a tropical oasis, or I'm just not *fully* ready for fall to kick into high gear, but either way, I keep daydreaming about early morning yoga sessions, home cooked meals and relaxing in the canopy...

Speaking of Costa Rica, I finally edited photos from a mini session I held with my fabulous Zumba-instructor friend Melanie while I was there.


To be honest, it's basically a miracle these photos exist at all -- they're not the best shots from the shoot, but rather, what I could salvage. See, I had completely edited the session when my Lacie hard (where the files lived) drive decided to fail on me. I did everything in my power to recover the files but could only recover about 10 shots -- 10 of my outtake shots to be exact.

Ugh, technology man. I guess I learned the hard way the need to double back up everything I shoot.

Regardless, while I know these aren't my best shots, or my best work, I'm surprisingly happy with them.




Maybe its because I loved the trip we took so much, or because I'm currently injured and can't shoot (long story -- see P.S. below), but looking at these photos just makes me smile.

P.S. I'm hurt right now (fell and sprained my AC joint while doing a handstand in yoga class!) and won't be shooting for a least a few weeks, which sucks. I'm getting better though -- its been almost two weeks and I'm finally out of the sling! Wa-hoo!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandi!

    These are gorgeous photos! I have never been to Puerto Rico but you make it look so peaceful and relaxing. I love all the beautiful tropical foliage, it's the perfect getaway!

    P.S. Sorry to hear about your injury (ouch!). Hope you have a speedy recovery and can get back to enjoying more yoga soon :)

    xo Gennifer
    www.GenniferRose.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so beautiful and relaxing. The photos are so gorgeous. Also, sorry about your injury :( Happy to hear you are out of the sling!! xo Tiffany www.parsnipsandpastries.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shoot, such a pretty location!!

    xo Anna Elizabeth
    www.annaelizabethevents.com

    ReplyDelete