Monday, December 5, 2016

Flashback to Fall: Mini Session with DC Yoga Teacher Justina Tong!

As we slip into the winter season over the next few weeks, I thought I would take the chance to share some of my fall photography before the glory of all things pumpkin-spiced is replaced by peppermint mania...

Earlier this fall, a DC-based yoga-teacher friend of mine, Justina Tong (she teaches at GW's Lerner Health and Wellness gym and subs at Yoga Heights!), asked if I could take some fall-themed yoga portraits for her. I met Justina while on my Yoga retreat this summer, so, naturally, I was jazzed to capture these shots for her!

The only catch? The leaves weren't quite in their fall glory just yet, despite it being mid-October. So is the pain of being a photographer's first fall mini session of the season...


Anyway, Justina was daring enough to stick to our shoot date and trusted that I would use my post-production magic to add in a few fall touches (thank you Lynda.com!).

I must admit, I'm very pleased with how these came out! Not only did we shoot in a beautiful new location (a hidden sliver of Rock Creek Park), but I used a new editing workflow to produce these final images.

Thoughts? I would love some creative criticism and feedback!












4 comments:

  1. You look to be having so much fun during your yoga sesh! I think that could inspire anyone to give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi,

    I totally need to get back into my yoga, I feel so much better and energetic after a great session!

    xo Gennifer
    www.GenniferRose.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this photo session! Looks so peaceful and relaxing and gorgeous with the changing leaves in the back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, she looks so happy and peaceful!!

    xo Anna Elizabeth
    www.annaelizabethevents.com

    ReplyDelete