Saturday, April 1, 2017

Around the World (Almost) In 7 Days: USO Trip to Afghanistan with the NBA

I don't know about you, but 2017 has been absolutely crazy for me.

Between starting my last semester of grad school, getting a new fabulous freelance client and being super busy at my job at the USO, it's been a whirlwind of fun.


And by whirlwind, I mean AROUND the world kind of whirlwind. But actually... read on.

Earlier this spring (right around the time of the NBA All-Star Game), I had the chance of a lifetime to travel overseas to the Middle East (as part of my full-time job with the USO) to shoot footage of a USO-NBA entertainment tour.

Yup, you read that right. I got to travel overseas to -- of a places -- the Middle East as part of my job. How incredible, right?


The USO-NBA tour that I was covering visited service members currently serving in throughout Afghanistan, but, specifically, in and around Bagram. Having never have been to the Middle East, I was incredibly excited about being a part of this tour and soaked up every minute of the journey.

From the long journey there, to meeting service members, to witnessing the impact of the USO-NBA tour on morale, to the overseas base experience, to the 9 hour layover in Dubai -- I loved every minute of the trip and learned so much.


I'll be sharing the fruits of my hours of video-shooting here later (along with some 'deets about where my footage aired!) but until then, enjoy some of my travel photos!







No comments:

Post a Comment